Useful LinksA list of useful links on CJS services
Find a Prisoner
Find A Court
- Himaya Haven’s Workshop on Prevent – A Youtube video covering our first workshop
- Himaya Haven’s Workshop on Families Matter Campaign – A Youtube video on our workshop in collaboration with F.A.S.T
- Himaya Haven Launch and Open day – A Youtube video covering our launch and official open day, with special guest speakers
- Himaya Haven’s Gangs and Violence Workshop – A Youtube video covering our first gangs and violence workshop with voluntary and statutory organisations plus more
- Family Member in Prison – An animated video to show what to expect when a family member is in prison, including how to send money, how to visit and much more
- Himaya Haven’s Office and Report Launch 2020 – A short video covering our event launching our brand new office and report Who Cares, You Care.
Links to other organisations/helplines that support families of prisoners and other related issues.
- Action for Prisoners’ and Offenders’ Families – supporting professionals working with families of prisoners and offenders
- Affect – action for families enduring criminal trauma offering face to face or telephone counselling, telephone support, group meetings and befriending, court support, training and presentations. Tel: 0300 365 3651
- British Muslim TV – The Plight of Muslim Female Prisoners
- DoingTime – If you or your loved one are facing a criminal conviction and want help navigating through the minefield which is the British penal system this is the site for you
- Domestic Abuse – Bahu Trust video on domestic abuse
- Email a Prisoner – email service to contact a prisoner
- Family Lives – offers support to families across the UK about any issue through their website and 24 hour free helpline on 0808 800 2222
- Florin Roebig – a guide on what is considered as sexual assault
- Home Start – helps families with young children deal with the challenges they face. They support parents as they learn to cope, improve their confidence and build better lives for their children
- i-HOP – iHop provides information and advice to professionals working with children and families of prisoners and offenders
- Inside Time – the monthly newspaper for prisoners. See Inside Time information on visiting prisons
- KeyRing – e-Helpline for people with Learning Disabilities in the Criminal Justice System
- Knife Crime Affects Everyone – Bahu Trust video on knife crime
- Mental Health at Work – resources for mental health in the workplace.
- Ministry of Justice – work to protect the public and reduce reoffending, and to provide a more effective, transparent and responsive criminal justice system for victims and the public
- NACRO – the crime reduction charity, dedicated to reducing crime and reoffending in communities across England and Wales
- Nepacs – a charity based in the North East of England, supporting a positive future for prisoners and their families, and helping them to maintain family ties
- New Meanings Psychology – Private Birmingham-based registered psychologists offering face to face and Skype/Zoom therapy sessions.
- Ormiston Trust – Ormiston Trust is a national charity which aims to improve the life-chances of children and young people
- PACT – supports people affected by imprisonment. They provide practical and emotional support to prisoners’ children and families, and to prisoners themselves
- Paladin National Stalking Advocacy Service – Training, campaigns and trauma support
- POPS – POPS provide information and support to the families of offenders from their earliest contact with the Criminal Justice System (CJS), through to release and beyond
- Prison Chat UK – an online community for anyone with a loved one in prison
- Prisoners’ Advice Service – charity offering free legal advice and support to adult prisoners in England and Wales
- Prison Guide – An ex-offender who provides information on the CJS and prison especially, including his own experience.
- Prison Reform Trust – The Prison Reform Trust (PRT) is an independent UK charity working to create a just, humane and effective penal system.
- Prison Voicemail – call to leave a voicemail for a prisoner
- Protection Against Stalking – a website on how to identify and protect yourself from stalking
- Redeeming Our Communities – A new video of a spoken word encouraging no knife crime.
- Spurgeons – a leading children’s charity providing support to children and their families
- Stopso – provide support to a family member when there has been sexual behaviour or offences
- The Lucy Faithfull Foundation – works with families that have been affected by sexual abuse including: adult male and female sexual abusers; young people with inappropriate sexual behaviours; victims of abuse and other family members
- Unlock – assist people by empowering them with information, advice and support to overcome the stigma of their previous convictions
- Victim Support – independent charity helping people cope with the effects of crime, by providing free and confidential support and information